Tuesday, September 15, 2015

New one of mine












Ghosts in the Wind




I remember the whispers

When my heart turned to stone

I remember that haunting

in the ring of the phone.




I remember my heart

and the moment that froze

and hung in the air

like unfinished prose




And silently frosted

me in aftermath

dictated the shadows

altered my path.







Destruction hidden

in every tone.

The day that they told me

you'd never come home.




And the breeze of winter

made ghosts of the drapes

And hiding within

a memory escaped.




Of holding you close

and waving good-bye,

And convincing myself

you never could die.




And there in that moment

where is all turned ashy gray

I felt you whisper

that you couldn't stay.




I felt your forgiveness

the brush of your cheek

and knew in an instant



the phantom was me.

No comments:

Post a Comment