Monday, October 27, 2014

Hmmmm

It's almost Halloween. After which comes on Nov 16th (drumroll please)
24 years sober!!!!! Also a couple days after that is my birthday! (meh) I've not been on in a bit and I must apologize... taking down the brickstore was a real bummer but more than that we have a terminally ill family member and my husband is not taking that well at all! Who could blame him?

At any rate, I won't be on a lot because I'm getting the books together for next year, Kind of boring stuff for grown-up, but there are soooooo many kids here that are home=schooled now that parents are paying upwards of $120 a text book! Ergo, kids on different levels are sharing just that one... so nobody's learning anything. I'm trying to combat that by writing activity and text books for kids, keep them cheap and give them at least 3 levels for each but in every subject. Hopefully I can make a difference in kid's lives.

Problem is as any kind of teacher here I am sort of gone extinct as History, World Cultures, Civics and Forms of Govt. Just aren't taught here anymore.
We no longer teach grammar, spelling, cursive... it's deplorable! Well I'm doing my best to contribute. I pray it helps!

That's my side of it,
Angel

www.cheshiregrinpublishing.com
www.streetlighthalo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment