Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Guest blog!!! Mark Stidham!

Ok we're here today with Mark Stidham, the voice actor and owner of
Buddy the Dog, from the kid's show Here be Dragons. First of all Mark,
thanks for being here. Can you tell us a little about Buddy? And how'd
that start?

I bought a new PC one of those all in one without a tower so it's just
one piece and with a touch screen that I never ever use. Anyway, it
came with a webcam and a webcam program. On this program it had
avatars where you could record a video with your voice and the lips
would move. One of the avatars was this beautiful golden retriever. So
I thought, hey this would make a good thing for video marketers and
such, and for ads and commercials. I already worked on Fiverr.com so I
set up the gig with this talking dog that I later named Buddy after
one of my own dogs, not a Retriever but basic same coloring. And there
you have it... Buddy was born.

Great! We hear you have a new book out. Care to tell us a little about it?

Yes, Study Buddy. It’s a children’s interactive book with lessons on
all types of subjects, and most important…coloring!!! Of course,
Cheshire grin Publishing gets all the credit for putting it all
together for which I am grateful. It’s available through Cheshire Grin
Publishing via Lulu.

http://www.cheshiregrinpublishing.com/store.html


Sounds good. Where can we get our own personal Buddy vid for the kids?

 You can get this here:
http://www.cheshiregrinpublishing.com/merchandise.html



Kool. So tell us a bit about the show.

 I started getting some orders for Buddy to appear in this free
educational children’s show. It has puppets and diverse characters.
The more involved I became with the show, I could see how it would
appeal to children, be entertaining and they would also learn. My part
includes many different dog facts or related subjects. Secretly, it
appeals to me personally( in a hipster kind of way). I showed it to an
adult friend of mine and he freaked out thinking one of the coolest
things he’d ever seen. So that’s it in a nutshell.


Wow! Great! Okay you know we're not gonna let you get away easy. Tell
us a bit about the man behind the voice. What's a good day for you?

A good day is a day I can survive with what’s left of my sanity… Just
kidding! A good day is when I can provide good services for people
whether that’s with doing a Buddy Video or creating other video and
audio services such as voice overs or Royalty Free Music tracks, which
is something I’ve been working on a lot lately You can check out my
work on that athttps://www.909music.com/gentleman/tracks
 Also a good day for me is taking care of my family and all if its
relative madness, which I wouldn’t trade for anything right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment