Friday, July 27, 2018

Interview with Gustav



Interview with Gustav



Thank you for being with us today. Can you describe your poetic style?



I feel that I do not have a specific poetic style. My poems flow with my mood and how I feel to write them at that very moment. It is more of a free flowing creativity. As you will see in my book, the variance in style and flow is sporadic I guess one could say.



What inspires you?



There are many different things that inspire me as a writer. It may be a person I encounter by chance or someone who is a family member or close friend. I am inspired by whatever I may be listening to or reading at that time. Nature and my surroundings are big influencers in many aspects of my writing as well.



What became your defining moment as a writer?



I would say my defining moment as a writer was the same time I discovered the beauty of music. I have always been drawn to music, more the lyrics than the actual music backing them up. Once I realized that a lot of what I was listening to was poetry itself at some point before being turned into a song, I thought to myself, “This is something I can do. I think I will give it a try.”



If you could give struggling writers one piece of advice what would it be?



My advice to struggling writers would be that if you truly want to write and get enjoyment out of expressing yourself by doing so, then just keep on doing it. Do not write for the purpose of becoming rich or well known, because if that is your sole motive your heart is not in it. Write for the love of writing and if you are persistent and true to yourself and your writing, you have already succeeded.



Where can we find more about you?



If you enjoy the poetry in my book and are interested in reading some more of my writing you can find some of my music reviews at facebook.com/opinionnationmag or wordpress.opinionnation.com



Where can we buy this book of yours?

You can find my book at lulu.com

Just search for “Whispers of the Seraphim”







Thanks for being with us today.


No comments:

Post a Comment