Friday, August 30, 2013

I am going to Hobby Lobby today to get more canvases and as a result will be in pain when I come home, so I thought I'd post early.

My sister it seems is having a bad day again. This woman demands the respect of us all as just the thought (when I was able-bodied) of how much responsibility and the number of things she has to get done in a day left me exhausted. When I was able-bodied I walked 9 miles a day and even then could not have accomplished in the space of a day what she does. Worse she makes it look like a cake walk!

So any way that brought me to a few topics that I might like to bring up for the day. Life is only 10% what happens to you. It is 90% how you utilize that information! The able-bodied are just as inspirational as the handicapped or handi-capable. Every one has within them the power to inspire others. Most (Like my sister for instance) have no idea just how much they do inspire. Neither do they know how closely we watch them.

I tell you a little story from my faith. I'll tell you 2 if you are very good! Lol.

As told to me by Old Man Laughing Bear, as told to him by his Aunt.
An old Grandfather was speaking quietly to his grandson. He said Inside me a great battle rages. It is a battle between 2 wolves. One wolf is evil. He is anger, resentment, hatred, maliciousness, pettiness and every bad thing. The other wolf, he is good. He is love, joy, empathy, compassion and every good thing. This battle is fierce and rages inside of me and every other person every minute of every day."
The grandson is quiet for a long while. He worriedly asks his Grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"
The grandfather smiles and replies simply, "The one I feed"
So it is told. So it is.

Ever heard the term, “Garbage in Garbage out” This rings true in all facets of life.... at least to me. My brother used to say, “If you think you can or you think you can't, you're probably right!” Truer words were never spoken. If we focus on every negative thing that happens we all get stuck in our own heads and consequently end up with a temporarily toxic mind set that we spread to every one around us. When I get stuck in my head my sponsor Happy, tells me, “Move a muscle change a thought!” This is good advice because I've been in my head.... BELIEVE ME when I say.... NO normal living thing wants to exist in there!

People will tell you a zillion times a day why you just can't do that because... Yet I see my sister do it all the time! I see her accomplish no matter what the obstacle. So that brings me to a second story. (Because you were very good!)

As told to me by Old Man Laughing Bear, as told to him by Chief Charles Whitedog, as told to him by his ancestors.
2 coyotes were chasing chickens in a field by a farm. The coyotes ran out, bit chickens on the bottoms and ran to the opposite side of the farm to hide in the brush. As they went the farmer who owned the land yelled out in surprise, “There goes a coyote. And there goes another one!”

When the coyotes were both to the brush panting and happy, the first coyote said, “My brother, I am so excited to have another like myself to hunt with!” To which the other coyote replied, “What do you mean? I am in no way a coyote.” The first was taken aback. He argued, “Of course you are! We have the same singed snout. The same fine ears! The same great fangs! Certainly you are a coyote!”

“No!” answers the second, “That is not what the farmer said!”
“Let us run back again and see what he says now, my brother,” the first proposes. In agreement they both run back, nipping chickens along the way. The farmer yells out, “There goes a coyote. And there goes another one!”

“Do you understand now that you are in fact a coyote? The first asks to which the second replies... NO! He said that you were a coyote and that I was an another one.,

The problem with the children today is that they let the farmers tell them who they are! Something to talk about. So it is told. So it is.

I am in no way trying to convert any one. I am saying … do you see the truth of that statement? If you let all of the nay-sayers in the world tell you what you are capable of, then you also allow others to dictate who you are. Never let others define you. You are who you were made to be. You are capable of seeking out the tools to accomplish whatever goals you might have!

My Nanna always said, “Nothing beats a failure but a try.!” Don't be afraid to try, and most absolutely never, NEVER be afraid to fail. Every time we fail we learn a new lesson about how to succeed.

Just to let every one know my book is coming out in February barring any delays. ALSO if you look on FB at Alpha Wolf Publishing, there is a survey there as to what genres (fantasy, romance, children's) books that you might like to read the most of. And I believe there is a contest going on as well. Give-aways ROCK don't they? I just adore free stuff! In that light I will put one story up for free to all readers, when my lovely editor sends me the final proofs!

Everyone go out there and have a blessed day and BE whatever you want! You have the power.

That's my side of it! Angel xxxooo


No comments:

Post a Comment