Thursday, August 29, 2013

Life under the street light

 
Hello all! My name is Angel Dunworth and this is my blog. If you are easily offended don't read further as I tend to have an addiction to cussing! LOL . I've never done one of these before so basically you're going to watch me learn, screw-up and learn and screw-up again!

A little about me.... I have written 2 books, soon to be published. The first to be published will be entitled “Snapshots From Home” and that is the story collection I wrote for teens stuck in dysfunctional situations. It will cover topics like sexting, substance abuse, cutting, date-rape and other things of that nature. I wrote it for the teens... but I wrote it also for parents, teachers etc in order to help breech discussions.

The other is a story book for little kids entitled “The Dog Without a Shadow” I wrote that for my kindergarten class long ago. It's a very silly story that teaches a little about the true meaning of love. That one will probably be out much later, but try to remember to pick it up. It's witty!

OK so in addition to all of that I am an artist. I was trying to restart my business but can not easily find the means to do that here. (Also my disability is really becoming uncontrollable.. Did I fail to mention that? I am in fact handi-capped.)

I have a little known disease called SM. I'll post a link later. I am in a wheelchair because I have what is called a srinx in my spine. Most people that have this have it from an accident) Think Christopher Reeves) but mine is a birth defect. I want to use this blog not just for promoting books and art work. I am praying very hard that this will reach others with handicaps and give them hope that we can still accomplish things! Great things! Never doubt youself, for it is only fear... FEAR... False Evidence Appearing Real that ever truly disables any one.

My very best friend in the world, a certain Ms. Ruby Rodriguez taught me long ago a great truth. (SHHHH! Secret.) Here is the truth she taught me... If you can you should. Because one day when you can't all those times that you didn't will eat you alive! And to me this truth rings clear in all things, even death. What I mean to say is... in our last breath we do not regret the things we said and did, but instead we will regret all the things we didn't say and didn't do.” On that note tell your loved ones how much they mean to you TODAY! Tomorrow is NOT something that God is contractually obligated to create.

I must confess to all of you that Yes, I do get preachy. I apologize, that is my nature. I am a pagan Shaman probably because of my endless lectures. Never could help myself on that note! I am who I am and it was a long hard path to get here. I am so grateful and beyond blessed to have been given this destination! When I say long, hard path what I mean is that I am a recovering alcoholic and addict.. I will have 23 years sober on November 16 of this year! Hooray!

It is funny, when my Medicine Man was training me I would write a paper or say something (As Bear always had too much homework) and he would tell me how brilliant of a spiritual guide I was. The problem with that is that I was preaching AA and the principals that we learn there. So I guess it is Bill W who is brilliant and not me. That's okay with me. I still liked the praise and pats on the head.

So any way... that's me. Hopefully I can keep this interesting for every one.

In addition I will see if I can figure out how to post my art work on here, most of which is for sale.
I used to do black and white pointalism sketches, until between this disability and arthritis (I've had that since 3rd grade) it became virtually impossible to pick up a pen. Indeed this old body has had quite enough and has barely left me the ability to type decently. But that is OK... tell you a little story...

When this disability was becoming too much I began to sit the pity pot to the extent that I called my Medicine Man daily with tales of my own personal woe. I can't. I can't. Whine! Whine. Sniffle. This became habitual... so one day Bear said to me the most spiritual words. He said, “Y'know you need to learn to paint Angel because you are becoming a royal pain in the ass!” Ah, the man had a way with words! God rest him.

So I went to the store, picked up a brush and some acrylics and have been painting for a little over a year. It is more soothing then I could ever express. In this way I CAN contribute. As a painter I am self-taught and I hope my paintings will be pleasing to you!
That's my side of it.... Angel xxxooo

PS, IF I can't get my paintings on here just facebook me by my name or Face Book me by Street Light Halo and you can view things there.

8 comments:

  1. Here is a link to explain my illness:

    http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/syringomyelia/detail_syringomyelia.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. May god bless you with riches and a help take away this illness in your life
    From your biggest fan William Watkins :

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU! You are such a good boy1 Thank your mother for me for raising such a fine young man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pagan Shaman ???!!!???

    God Angel....behave yourself....MOM

    ReplyDelete