Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Good News and Bad

Okay so the bad news is that my biological father is dying. Can't even talk about that because it hurts.

My father-in-law has passed also, God rest him. Christmas looks very grim at the moment.

HOWEVER I do have good news... 10 years ago I sucessfully kicked cancer's ass... no reoccurance! The doc just called actually. On that note... ladies PLEASE always get those terribly uncomfortable exams. Once cancer shows on us it is normally too late. Beleive me when I say failure to be regularly tested can kill.

My friend Ms. Bonnie was the sunshine of my life. She caught a cold before she went back to the 911 funeral. When she returned one week later her cold was so bad she couldn't breathe and an ambulance was called. She died a week later from ovarian cancer. I was utterly destroyed.

My own experience was that I had an undiagnosed illness so chronic I spent 2 years in bed. Docs couldn't find anything, put me on anti-depresants. One day Vicki said, "You haven't had a pap in three years, so before you come back for your next appt, you will have one,"

They found what they called, "pre-cancerous lesions." So I decided on a hysterectomy as it runs in my family. I was terrified of surgery and asked the nurse scheduling if I could have 2 weeks before surgey to psyche myself up. She said, "I don't know what they told you. You don't have one week left!" So 2 days later I was in surgery.

I got my form of cancer from a virus known as HPV, when I was younger I was raped and recieved the lovely door prize of cancer, I was called, "unclean." A rumour started that I never bathed in that area... a second punishment. My consolation? The fucker that did it probably died and ergo is no longer stalking women in Hialeah.

That having been said, kids, DO NOT EVER assume that unprotected sex won't kill you! Be safe not sorry. Also get tested regulaurly. In addition if you keep up with current events... there IS a vaccine for HPV. Get it. Don't go through suffering that you can prevent! Call your GYN today!

That's my side of it,
Angel

PS. I know it's not appropo to be such an open book. Thing is I've never heard of an unread book saving lives either.

No comments:

Post a Comment