Sunday, September 28, 2014

Beyond Pissed... straight to rage!

Sadly books are dying, though sales are up. Every person coming into my store said the same thing:
1. I don't have time to read, it takes both of us 3 jobs to feed the kids AND drumroll please...
2. I'm looking for Ed books for my kid... she ain't learning in school.

I have never gotten political on here before so hold onto your hats Ladies and Germs... let me shed some light on the reasons I refuse to ever work in a classroom again! And after you have read I think it might be wise if we all got together and took every last politician … out for a lovely and restful retreat of 2 fully paid, fun-filled weeks of electroshock therapy.

1. We no longer teach history... it's offensive and racist. Let me tell you what happens when we no longer teach history... the second coming of Hitler!

2. cursive writing is no longer required as we own laptops. My daughter graduated 10th highest in the state of Florida... but can only sign her name.

3. We teach creative spelling... as long as a teacher can recognize it... it's correct. (When I was young we called that illiterate!)

4. Who needs to teach grammar and punctuation when we have these nifty auto-cucumbers to do it for us? (PS my auto-correct recognized that as a word. Hint, hint... it can't read!)

5. Don't get me started on new math and the absence of useful things like phonics... geography … world cultures … forms of govt … civics etc. Who needs to know more about our country than China? We don't because everything's made there anyway!

STOP the dumbing down! STOP the useless Federal test and let the teachers decide since you Mr. Govt. are actually not in a classroom... but most of all... STOP child-proofing education so everyone feels positive about themselves. There is a world and a work-place out there and I assure you that neither is child-proofed. Junior is certain to feel great about himself when he's a migrant-worker forced to work for pennies and live with Mommy at 50 because he can't fill out a job application.

Classrooms need to be competitive and highly difficult. WHY? Because look around you... the world is!

A proper education is the only armor you're ever going to be able to give them! That whole crying jag over failing a spelling test is exactly what forces the ego to tone-down so we can learn. Ergo, we have 2 choices … we can correct and teach them properly now OR
We can as tax-payers wait for the prison system to do it!

That's my side of it,
Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment