Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Good news and bad

Good News and Bad News

A death in the family, a terminal illness in the family, financial stress and a stubborn husband who possibly needs surgery. Possibly bankrupt company. SSI demanding return of benefits.

So...

In AA we learn to accept the things we can not change and change the things we can. I am returning to the workforce. In addition providing the corporate office agrees my daughter starts a job next week. So I am applying to school systems for work in the cafeteria, serving food. I am not too proud to push a broom either. It's honest work.

In addition I asked myself what can I do to flip failures today, as I know any book takes a year to develop a following … yet in order to do that it must be seen. So I have decided to use my personal money (what I've scraped over the year) and I have rented a booth to become a bookstore on Eisenhower. If I work during the week for our food and on the weekends for the books … we'll make it. 

One more most awesome piece of news... I have booked the store signing! Broadway. Halloween … be there! Come and trick or treat on your lunch break! Spooky books for sale totally fab treat bags for free!

Tonight I empowered people as well. I told on SSI and the welfare system. Next time you want to fuss about the entitlement crowd understand that most people would really rather work, because basically there is no way to avoid seeing the dirty looks people give you, hearing the under-handed remarks when you have to pay for your child's food with food stamps. Just for once stop and think... what if?

What if their child is terminally ill … or they are?
What if they worked every day of their life … then lost it all in a hurricane?
What if the reason they can't pay their food is because they had to quit working when Nanna got ill?
What if they had to quit school and get a job and missed college … to keep their parents from losing their home from medical bills?
What if my friend … what if it were you?
Don't judge. Lend a hand. Use your free time to create the resource or by volunteering instead of watching Jerry Springer. NEVER look down on anyone unless you are helping them up.

That's my side of it,
Angel
 www.streetlighthalo.com
www.cheshiregrinpublishing.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment