Friday, October 25, 2013

Face Book Humor

I swear that Face Book is making me retarded! It all started innocently enough.... just an online way of keeping track of friends and family. Alas, good intentions paved the way to hell! I began to see jokes on my page and at first I had decided I would not repost any joke that was offensive in any way. But a joke is an all-powerful thing! Be warned; take heed! Jokes can change you unwittingly from a nice little author and housewife into a ruthless laugh-seeking monster if it is funny enough! If it shocks me enough that my soul makes any sound that even closely resembles laughter, I find myself acquiring a “Who gives a @#$%, it's funny” attitude and reposting the foulest of jokes!

At another time my sister was down and so in way of support anything she posted, I also would post.... just to show her that I love her. Now suddenly I began to think of my neighbors, friends, family's posts in much the same way. Before I knew what I was doing, I was posting virtual crap everywhere. It no longer mattered if I believed in it or not. I hit the “share” button.

Then in my sick addiction I began to live in denial of my problem, telling myself repeatedly, “In kindergarten I taught kids to share the first day. I only did this because my parents taught me sharing was good,' and so as addiction grew I of course sought out the obvious excuse.... “This is all my parent's fault!” and so refused to take responsibility for my problem! I began hitting the share button without even reading the posts I was sharing! I was so out of control I began to post to blackout.... reading what I had posted later and being left to wonder, “Why the hell did I post that? I don't believe in that cause.”

Then it got worse as it always does.... Face Book was as cunning as any other addiction.... instead of just letting me walk away.... dare I say it aloud? Face Book started spamming me with celebrities! They had everything! Rock bands, talk show hosts, celebrity endorsements, sports figures! Before I knew it I was full on hooked on the hard stuff. I began hitting the share button not only for bands I liked, but for any celeb I recognized! I was quick becoming the voyeuristic paparazzi of Face Book . I began going to these celebs pages looking for any evidence that they truly exist... it was almost like stalking. But my darkest moment came very soon. I realized I had a real problem yesterday. I am ashamed to say it, but I almost posted Oprah's diet secrets.

I am unable to ween off now and so I am asking all those who care about me and this terrible problem... is there a FBAA support group I can join?

That's my side of it,

Angel 

No comments:

Post a Comment