Tuesday, June 10, 2014

AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!

OMG! YOU GUYS CHECK IT!
So international commercials and some talk shows and pod stations, month runs here and there. Also working on another ad, two actually as budget allows. But that is NOT the most exciting news!

I am on top of the world, as they say! The book signing at THE store was the most awesome thing I ever experienced! The people were so kind! The store was packed ... especially for it being a Tuesday. There was a lull in crowds for only about 30 min. all day! The people loved me. I may have only sold 2 books but I made a lot of important connections.... including... wait for it....

the grand parents of a little boy who is trying to start a literacy campaign in his school. (AWWWW! Doesn't that just melt your heart?) Anyho, everyone thinks it's a great idea, but of course nobody wants to donate to his cause. Well it just so happens that HEB, if you remember donated 3 huge boxes of books to our literacy fest at Erin Go Bragh, and we sent most to the homeless shelter after. They however sent so many it took 2 vans to get them all there. Well we had half a box left … you think that's not much? Think laundry hamper over-flowing. Yeah! That's how much our green grocer thinks of kids! HOORAY!

So hey, I won't be getting back to the shelters until Christmas so I thought … they were meant to educate. Let's educate! I am giving this little boy the lot. I am doing it because in my eyes he is a true hero!

I made a thousand business connections too. Most kids aged for the book couldn't buy but were aspiring writers looking for direction. It was awesome that people still care about writing. They all asked very intelligent questions! Very proud to be alive today!

I met lots of other writers, a zillion little kids, graphic artist/illustrators, lots of connections... and lots of business types that might be helpful as we tread this literary quest... but I have to say that the high point of all of it was a little boy who loved others enough to reach beyond his own desires and extent his hand to his classmates so that they would be able to read too! Young sir, if you are reading this … hold your head high. To everyone out there... keep an eye on him... he will do great and noble acts in this world!
That's my side of it,
Angel


PS> They invited us back!

No comments:

Post a Comment