Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Bad Medicine

So … I've been sick this whole week. I really apologize for not being here. Anyway yesterday I went to the doctor and guess what? I'm not going to be catatonic soon. Yet with such great news you'd think I'd be jumping for joy. But I am very angry. Why? Because it's a common habit for doctors to simply read the results that a tech writes down.
Yesterday a competent doctor, which I am now convinced there are very few, actually looked for himself. The reason I can't move my neck has nothing to do with my srynx... it hasn't changed in years. Truth is the reason my neck is destroyed, arthritis has entirely eaten it away in 4 places. It's gone and can't be fixed. Me the no-necked-wonder will now have to go to extensive physical therapy just to be able to move … over something that could have been slowed to a crawl had any of my previous doctors bothered to read their test results by looking at the pictures they took. Really?
I've had arthritis since third grade but the pain is different in a spine because the tissue and muscles are different and will continuously spasm. I ought to sue. I know this is truly a miracle, I will be more able to be grateful once this truth actually hits me. Stay tuned … more books on the way. Also submissions are open for a small window yet. I really need fantasy, middle grade readers and picture books (including coffee table books such as photo-journals and of course graphic novels.)

That's my side of it,
Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment