Friday, June 20, 2014

Party?

Okay dude, What's up?

Let me tell you that if you've decided to start a publishing company ... you might want to think twice. It's much harder to format a book than it is to animate a cartoon the old fashioned way. think about how a print book is made and you'll understand. A page on the right has to be aligned in a separate manner than a page on the left or you won't be able to open the book and read it.  That means that every other page of a print book is set up with an opposite margin because with out a "gutter" all your words will not be legible. That alone can make you want to yank your hair out.  Don't even get  me started on text wrap and childrens books.

Any way, our little publishing house is going to have another children's book coming out this week. Also in order to kickstart some funds I am doing readings for birthday parties in which the birthday boy / girl gets a reading, copy of an autographed book and a box of party favors and fun promos that are just theirs. This deal is safer than a bounce house but it of course can only be made available to the San Antonio area.

More exciting news is I am close to having an official house launch. If I can swing it I'm going to arrange a small book fair in a book store here. It will be affiliated with other publishers, but even if small you guys know I can throw an amazing event! So grab a book and let's party!

That's my side of it,
Angel


No comments:

Post a Comment