Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas Miracles

Christmas Miracles!!!

Beyond the troubles of my surgery and all the people who don't want to refer me to a surgeon, there all all the stresses of the holidays and financial difficulties. A million little stressors... angry relatives, shopping malls filled with evil people, it's all been stress, stress and more stress!

And so it was that yesterday my husband was rushed to the hospital by ambulance for chest pains... and I with such nueropathy could not even go with him. I rushed from one end of the house to the other.... pacing as much as a wheelchair can pace... calling everyone to pray.... calling everyone to cry.... calling every five minutes to annoy my daughter with questions of, “Does he have enough pillows? Does he have enough blankets? Is he okay? Did they feed him?” and after that breaking down in a zillion pieces and crying all over again.

I saw my world destroyed right then and there. I knew he didn't suffer a heart attack, but it could have been a stroke. I'd lose the only man I have ever truly loved, my everything, my always, my forever. New house... expense. New car.... expense. Suddenly every thing every blessing was washed down for me simply for the fact that he'd had to pay for it. I felt so guilty that he'd ever had to pay for anything for some reason. Even the ambulance... expense. Christmas was ruined. I know it sounds crazy. But that's exactly what I experienced. I'd give it all back... every last thing.... if only he was just okay. Just PLEASE GOD let him be okay.

If he were dead... the Christmas spirit that lives in me every day of the year... would be buried with him. I swore I would never remarry... but he was so adorable how could I say No?

A lovely neighbor and fellow-blogger Jennifer of Jennaspapermoon, kept me together some how, got me my meds, built me a fire and even listened for my calls. For this I am so grateful.

Late last night I got the call, he was on his way home and he would be just fine. He is home and Christmas has returned with him.

All those things that we beg for at Christmas, all of those things we bitch about too, they melt away... just disappear when a loved one is suffering. So please today... tell all of your Christmas miracles that you love them!

That's my side of it,
Angel


No comments:

Post a Comment