Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Non- blessing Blog

Thanksgiving:

Thanksgiving means a lot of things to a lot of people all different but with the same theme. “I am so happy that I have (insert blessing here.) But in this I differ. I feel I can not rightly see my blessings that way. Oh sure I could sit here and name a thousand things that make me happy, but let's look at it in reverse, because most times I am thankful for the things I don't have in greater quantities, than the blessings I've acquired.

So here is a list of things I am VERY thankful that I don't have to deal with... truths and horrors that others deal with on a daily basis.

I am thankful I don't have:
1. AIDS
2. cancer
3. homelessness
4. starvation
5. dysentery
6. spiritual poverty
7. regular poverty
8. abusive relationship
9. full blown addiction
10. brain tumor
11. no plumbing
12. loneliness
13. deformities
14. an ill child or spouse
15. lack of education
16. living in a war-zone
17. recent death of a loved one
18. living in a police state
19. being illiterate
20. a recent natural disaster
21. lack of civil liberties
22. no freedom of worship
23. psychotic breaks
24. dying of thirst
25. spiritual death

That's just off the top of my head. There is an old song that says, “Charity is the coat you wear twice a year.” If I can extend my hand to another in need I will always feel blessed... no matter how small and trivial I may think that need is. What God gives freely I give freely.
Every day when we are bitching about our mom, our job the wrong gift or whatever... I think we should stop and think for a minute of the horrors that others face every single day of their lives. We need to be of service to one another every day. If we did that, we'd have a whole lot more to be thankful for now wouldn't we?

That's my side of it,
Angel

PS. Happy Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment