Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Real Horror

As you probably know it's my birthday. So yesterday my daughter and I went shopping and I decided to buy myself something from the music aisle while at the Walmart. I'm thinking to myself, “Self, it's Walmart so more than likely this is where you'd find older music that would be considered out-of-date.” That is fine by me. I like newer music but there are some musicians that are so incredibly talented that you NEED them in your life forever.

One such musician is for me, Joan Baez. Now if you are too young to have heard of her she is only THE folk-singer of all time. Her voice golden magic is truly healing when it all just gets too stressed. I figured Walmart is the place to go for this... they've got everything right? WRONG! I saw what I believe to be one of the most terrifying travesties of all time. There was not one Joan Baez album … There was not one talented musician in the whole B section. I am sorry to be the one to break it to all of you out there who still have eardrums left and are not tone deaf as of yet. I was mortified to behold.... there before my wondering eyes.... bin after bin all filled with the same albums. At least 23 thousand slots filled only with (cringe) dare I say it?.... Justin Beiber.

Is this the apocalypse as my mother says? Is it the fourth age as pagans have feared for a while? Perhaps not. Even with war, plague, famine and all the world's other problems I don't think I'd go quite that far. There is one thing I can assure you of dear friend, it is I fear.... the death of music as we know it. But take heart Beiber's I guess are not on the endangered list.

That's my side of it,

Angel 

No comments:

Post a Comment