Monday, February 17, 2014

Literacy Fest and Tents!

Hi guys... again I'd like to remind you that the print book will be out soon and so the e-book of Snapshots From Home; Tales From Dysfunctional High School will only be featured on my website at a reduced price until March.... get it for less while you can!

So aside from regular promotion of my own book. I am developing board games and other promos for the other books featured at the publishing house. And one book that really grabbed my attention is a chapter book for Christians called “Dandy Lion.” But how does one make a board game that makes Bible study fun and sticks with Christian teachings without mentioning sin? Well yes I figured that out.... the first with enough collected Bible verses on Lions (I didn't use those all of course. I think there are about 34 total.) can then move towards the win space but must wait there for all the others to finish and also get to Heaven... that way there really aren't any losers! There are even life lesson spaces and so on. I think I did okay, but as I've mentioned my blog and web are pretty much broken (Think it might be my PC altogether) and so I'll post that on FB in a few days so anyone interested can have a look. That is my personal page as the community page kicked me off entirely!

So today is the day of finishing up things to be raffled off at the Literacy Fest I am arranging. Also I got a tent for the littler kids to crawl through. It's a pop tent... well I didn't know what that was. I don't know a pop tent from a false in-tent. So it arrives in this tiny little zipper bag and I'm thinking “Well crap! They ripped me off or something,” so I told my daughter to just unzip it and see. So she does and this gigantic thing just pops out... scared my poor dog Saddie way into the other room where she hid for 3 straight hours! Now there is this gigantic tent thing in pretty colors in my dining-room (took out a bunch of art supplies) a whining dog and it refuses to refold and go back into its tiny pocket. So I will have to rent a full van to move it there and that makes this, “the winter of my discount tent!” (Come on guys... very punny! Kinda wish I had written that joke! Lol) But yes there will be a small tent.

There will also be story time with Ms. Kathleen so don't miss that! I am in addition adding a toddler reading corner with board books and things like that. Still having a bit of trouble getting all the details sorted but I'm getting there slowly! Watch my blog for any changes or additions. Seems the local grocery store is thinking of lending a hand... way to go HEB! (Did you know they had a Literacy Program?)

I'm also expecting a few celebs... but you know those famous people are always busy. It'd be an awesome surprise though. That address again is:

Saturday, March 29, 2014 - Noon to 4pm
Windcrest United Methodist Church
8101 Midcrowne Drive
Windcrest, Texas 78239

That's my side of it,
Angel
www.streetlighthalo.com


No comments:

Post a Comment