Wednesday, February 5, 2014

preachy?

Preachy?

I am not trying to get preachy on here at all. It is not is in my place to convert anyone. There was however something I said in a church interview (free lecture I am offering to churches about alcoholism and drug addiction.) and something hit me while I was talking, so here goes:

Christianity: Judge not lest you be judged and your own measure used unto you.

Paganism: Never judge a man until you have walked one mile in his moccasins.

Do you think they're trying to tell us something?

If we punish someone for being truthful with us that kid will never make that mistake again. Being a parent is a slippery slope isn't it? Screaming at our kids for being gay really doesn't make them become less gay. It just means that next time they want to discuss something they will know better than to come to us. In short, once you have stood in judgment of someone's actions be it drugs, sexual orientation or anything else really, that person will not only resent you... more than likely you will have ended up shattering their faith in you. In their eyes you could very well be stripped of your reputation. When others confide in us their trust in us is like glass. Once it is shattered there really isn't a whole lot you can do to restore it. So today try to talk to each other instead of AT each other... and when you listen TRY hearing. It really does help.

That's my side of it,
Angel


PS. My e-book available on my website will not be the reduced price forever. Once the print book is released I doubt very much the promo will be extended, so buy while it's dirt cheap! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment