Sunday, April 27, 2014

Intro to Snapshots

Intro
Welcome to life under the street light....
Let me introduce myself. My name is Micah. My name is Micheal if you prefer. You pass me on the street every day but you don't notice me, unless you're doing something you shouldn't be. I am the teen hooker, the drug-dealer in the schoolyard of the elementary school. I am the Anorexic and the unfulfilled suicide attempt. I am the sinner and the saint... collective sides of the same coin.
Yeah that's me. I am the one smoking crack in the alley or committing hate crimes.
You don't see me... not really. Your problem isn't your vision. Your problem is that you see me as someone else's kid. Maybe I am nobody's kid. The real problem here is that maybe I am everybody's kid. Maybe I am your kid. You still can't see me....You can't see me because you can't hear me.
As I said I am everybody's kid. I am the honor student graduating at the head of the class. I am the all-star football, best bet for college. I am that kid. I am the kid who is trying to get an Olympic gold medal! Mostly I am the kid who is trying to get you to listen. Are you deaf?
I am the future of this country. I am every kid, not just some faceless statistic from a bad neighborhood or a broken home. I am your future. I am the tomorrows of the whole wide world. If you listen, you'll hear me. But then again if you don't.... well then you won't see me. Even if you try I'll be invisible to you.


I am every problem you can think of, but I am every solution too. I'll be the one who cures cancer. I'll be the one who drives your kid's bus to school every day. I'll be the one living in such excess from my last movie, from my last book, from my last neurology lecture, from my last whatever. You get the picture yet? I'll be the next door neighbor in your perfect suburban world. I'll be there. Will you see me then I wonder? As I said you can't see me because you won't listen. But that doesn't really worry me. Because like they say in the books.... everyone has a halo under the street light.

No comments:

Post a Comment