Saturday, July 19, 2014

reposted for Susan

True Happiness? The real fun of being a shaman and non-denominational minister.....

Hi guys. I know my blog is very late again. I have been ill as usual except no the clock in my body dictates that I sleep from 7 in the evening to 1 in the morning, and being that I am severely allergic to coffee... well that's not fixing itself. Lol

I was planning on writing a silly thing until someone I know asked a question. Will this new (fill in the blank) make me happy? No. It really won't. Now before you start pointing the finger and saying nasty names at her for not knowing that remember this.... commercials, ads and commercial arts work for a reason. It's because people actually think if they have the right shoes, cars, house, social-standing (fill in the blank) they will be fulfilled. Remember that is why lottery tickets sell so incredibly well... if I just lived a life of leisure... that would fill the hole in my soul.

It is like the alcoholic mindset on a smaller but universally believed in scale. If I drink that wine... chicks'll dig me. It's fun in a bottle.

Here is my response to her...

 My true meaning, not to pop your bubble was if you can conceive it and believe it you will achieve it. There is no happy cure all. I believe the terrible times exist for a reason. They give us tools and help us define our character. They are learning experiences. Not just for us but for others in the same situation. That is what we use to make ourselves truly happy. Because that is how the soul feeds itself. If you want to feel happier, more content you will not find that in a book. Neither in a quick-fix or a name change or one of those trite and badly written self-help type things. Wanna get rid of the sickening hole inside? We have a phrase we use in AA that has never failed me once, "Become of use to God and his fellows” (speaking of recovering from addiction, without relapses.) THAT is where contentment and feeling comfortable in your own skin comes from. Service to others. Don't agree? See Taoism... the usefulness of what is, lies in what is not. See the Bible, Be ye a fisher of men or the story of the 2 alms. See Native lore 2 wolves ... the one you feed. Atheist maybe... see the studies of Galileo ... the universe does not revolve around us. Neither do I ever want it to.

If you are too stuck in your own mind, your own troubles, your own status... prepare to become miserable quickly. Whereas, if you think to yourself, “Self, I was in that situation once myself. Perhaps I can help this poor schmo along... or at least be empathetic since I was there once.” THAT is being of use. Do I mean giving advice and bailing everyone else's butt out? NOPE. I mean a feeling of isolation or of no one ever understanding leads to feelings that are much more dangerous. Simply telling someone that they are not alone and being there for them or volunteering your time to the cause of your choice after a while pulls us out of ourselves and out of darkness.

We all grow old and fat... that perfect figure is fleeting. Those lottery winnings... gone before you know what hit you. Social status and social climbing makes you look the fool as it also is temporary and fixes nothing. That drink that gives you life long friends... well the short explanation is... drinking buddies and true friends have a difference that is more vast then the Grand Canyon. Try throwing everything you've got into that career of yours, then tell me in your last breath whether or not you said, “The one thing I'll miss here is work.” Just sayin' lol
That's my side of it,
Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment