Friday, March 21, 2014

HEB shout out! And freebies!

Huge shout out! And Fest

Wow guys this is beyond belief! A gigantic, heart-felt shout out to the kind people at HEB. Especially to Christa who represents HEB's literacy foundation. I was over whelmed when she told me they would donate bags and books to the Literacy Fest 2014! I assumed that meant three small boxes of books.... I WAS WRONG! She and HEB have generously donated what looks to me like hundreds of books to be given away at our event.

A few will also be in our raffle which is to raise money for placing books in schools and libraries. IF we have any books left over they will be donated to the homeless shelter... which means that today your friendly green grocer helped the whole world. I say this because just a simple book can make such a difference in the life of one who has lost all that they held dear... because someone cared.

As I always say life is about paying it forward. This I truly believe with all of my heart. There is a famous adage that states, “There is no evil greater than he who did nothing because he could do little.” I don't think truer words were ever spoken. That is really why I wrote my book... anyone who begins to feel that no one understands and no one cares is entertaining a very dangerous mind-set.

(LOL I know now you are saying, “Damn girl! Again with this mindset crap? I'm in AA so basically.... yes! Lol)

Any detrimental thing that we do to our bodies, ourselves and yes, even to others begins with a dangerous mind-set. One random act of kindness can change a mind-set, touch a heart, fill a soul and ultimately change a life. Imagine how much easier our toils and troubles would be if everyone gracefully extended their hand to help another. My book is priced lower simply for that reason. This is the only way that I know to reach out to those I have never met. It isn't hard to do. I hope it helps them as much as it has helped me... for tonight I see the goodness in the world. Tonight I see miracles coming to light. My soul is full. Thank you Christa. Thank you HEB. Thank you Kathleen Shields and mostly.... thank you My Creator!

That's my side of it,
Angel
Cordially requests your honorable presence at
Literacy Fest 2014
United Methodist
8101 Midcrowne Drive
Windcrest, Texas 78239
March 29 Noon - 4

Literacy Fest 2014 .... author readings, signings, prizes, give aways, food and fun for kids of all ages, Every one's welcome and admission is FREE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment