Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Promoting with a disability

I spent all day with my daughter handing out fliers for the Literacy Fest 2014. I found a few places that might want signings but no promises yet. However, I am in very poor health so by the time we got home it was straight to bed and I have been there ever since. The day is shot.

I am currently in the process of writing a proposal for funding for audio books. Dude! I hate writing proposals. It's too hard. I can't get my mind really around what they want. Anyone out there writing business plans I don't envy you!

Okay so my book is out in soft cover. I have an audio book contest going on for voice actors and the Lit Fest is in just a couple of weeks. So yes I'm swamped. It feels good to be needed but I'm not sure how much my body is going to let me do.

I'll bet my daughter is more frazzled. It seems like most places don't have wheelchair ramps. I think that is so unfair. Do you know the last place I lived actually refused to put a ramp in for my apartment? They were none too nice in telling me no as well. The place I bought this wheelchair didn't have a ramp. It did have like 1000 steps though. Funny thing you have to show your ID and sign if you're using a Rx from a doctor too. That was the only place close... so I got to walk a LOT of steps.

I was talking to a friend and she was sympathizing with me about my condition and how I've basically fallen through the cracks. Truth is as I told her I feel that God allows me to be in this chair so that some one else going into a chair can ask me what they're in for. And maybe also because people who say, “Well of course you can't. You're disabled,” will basically have to shut their mouths!

Secret.... SHHHHH! Secret …. if I can you can.... cuz I'm not that smart. Don't tell anyone.... I’m hoping they all mistake me for a freakin genius! SHHHHH!

Any way I would like to say to my friend Sandy.... thanks for helping me pull my head outta my arse! God bless and keep you... and I mean everyone! Because everyone of us has some kind of a disability!

That's my side of it,
Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment