Sunday, September 8, 2013

Here's the picture I finished finally. I am planning in the future to write and illustrate another children's story book. I want to spend less time on this in order to focus more on that as I am after a Caldcolt medal. I very much would like to have something prestigious like that that I myself have achieved. That would be the bomb dot com, as they say. So my blogs will be slightly shorter for a bit.

My book, “Snapshots from Home” will be for teens of course. I am not really certain how to promote the story books though except through medals. I have not yet received word as to when “The Dog Without A Shadow” will be released. But then again that just depends on when the illustrator is done really as there are rarely rewrites with story books.

I should be receiving word from my editor about rewriting “Snapshots,” relatively soon though I believe as the release date is February as far as I know.

I am reading a novel right now by another author at Alpha Wolf Publishing. The author's name is Rival Gates, I am only to chapter 2 and I can already tell you that this young man is a phenomenal writer. His book doesn't move at the super-quick pace as say a Hickman/ Weiss fantasy but I am already so worried about the dangers that might befall his protagonist that all I can say is, “The boy can write!” I am cheering for his general and getting this very vivid look at the human condition. Most especially in so much as how a man commanding armies could still be turned into a ball of putty by his mother... it gives me a real kick when a writer can make a point like that. Once a character is real, I am turning pages... and quick!

It will take me a while to finish this novel though as my workload piles up before me and the whole Ms. Domesticity thing weighs down. I also have a lot of bureaucratic crap weighing on me right now as my condition is so rare that the Federal Government has decided for me that I am no longer disabled. Well hooray for me. Oooops.... someone forgot to tell my wheelchair!

I am on pins and needles right now waiting for the editor to send me my proofs and such. It's like well … Winnie the Pooh. What I mean to say is.... have you ever read the book, “The Tao of Pooh?” it is enlightening to say the least... not that I am having a Zen moment. No by no means!

In the book the author interviews Pooh and asks him in the space of a year which moment is his favorite moment. To which Pooh replies that it is when he opens his Christmas present... but it is not the gift itself that gives the opening of the thing its magic. It is the second BEFORE he opens it that holds the magic of the gift. This is very true.

Well I'm off to create a story and build an ark. LOL you'll find out when the book comes out!

That's my side of it.
Angel xxoo


No comments:

Post a Comment