Friday, September 13, 2013

Wow! I'm excited. My book might come out earlier then expected. Not certain of course, but excited at the prospect just the same.

I've been reading Rival's novel and in it he touched on the subject of PTSD. It is not just a soldiers disease. I know of 2 abused women that have been diagnosed with it as well. It can pop it's head up to anyone and so I thought we might for informational purposes look at a few of the symptoms. OK?

I couldn't find anything for anyone other then vets, but here is a link to a test:


The truth is women and abused children, any one really who has been through a traumatic event in which they felt endangered often can end up with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. It is important to me to acknowledge when I have some form of problem in my own life because my family's quality of life is directly affected by my own.

I myself took the test and it seems a reliable ruler at least. The important thing I think is NOT TO take the results of an online quiz as a real diagnosis. However if you are answering yes to those questions it's better to be safe then sorry and to seek the opinion of professionals.

Just like in AA... if you refuse to acknowledge a problem, the problem accelerates and denial does NOT erase symptoms either.

One more thing I just wanted to mention, my good friend Jennifer started a club on FB which I really thought was a nice idea. The group is themed Random Acts of Kindness. Check it out.
Here's the link:

That's my side of it,

Angel xxoo  

No comments:

Post a Comment