Sunday, September 1, 2013

The writing tips I wrote yesterday were a bit of fun. So I will write a few more here and there over the time space it takes me to actually finish this blog! I am very excited about my book, “Snapshots From Home” right now!

I am so silly. The release date is set for February and I kept thinking, “Well that's forever!” I felt like a kid waiting for Christmas, can't sit still. Wiggle. Squirm. “How many more days is it? Until it occurred to me to in my infinite wisdom, look at a calender! Then I realized February is really NOT 365 days away! Not even half of that! LOL


That put me in a good mood, however, some days I will just have to speak out. Please do not mistake this for a rant or pity pot. OK?

Having a disability is made much harder for the disabled because … sometimes other people make us invisible. What I am talking about here is … well look around you. How many wheelchair ramps do you see? If you live in a state where there is a “grandfather clause” as I do, you will not find many. TRUTH.... the place I bought my wheelchair had no ramp. It sure had a helluva lot of stairs though. No elevator. During the course of your day, look around and think to yourself, “If I had a wheelchair how would I easily fit it in (fill in the blank.)

You would probably be amazed to learn how many stores have aisles stuffed so full of displays and merchandise that my wheelchair doesn't fit. These stores lose a lot of my potential sales simply because I as a consumer can not view the products!

Women with strollers do not necessarily have a disability. In fact they are blessed! Yet some mall parking lots, must think that that is a disability because half of the hand-capped spaces have been converted into mommy- and me spaces. That would be fine IF there were still the same quantity of hand-capped spaces.

I'll do you one better... my husband and his family took me to the best restaurant in town. There was no hand-capped booth. Also just for my own understanding... why is it that some places have the lock on the hand-capped booth higher then an arms reach from the wheelchair? Did someone think we were going to stand-up to lock it?

Now honestly this was not in any way meant to offend any one. It was not a rant either. I just wanted you to see life for one moment from my level. Oh and by the way, we DO mind if you stare... We DON'T mind if you ask.

Just a little view of what it is to be me really. I don't want to come off as angry because I'm not. Actually I am probably the silliest screw-ball you ever wanted to meet. I love a good joke and tend to poke fun at everything. So in that vein I will write something silly to lift you:

To do:
1. Sue the upstairs neighbor for invading your airspace.
2.. Answer every question at a job interview with, “I know you are. But what am I?”
3. Convince your friends that you have adopted a son. When they ask to meet him tell them they can't see him... HE IS NINJA!
4. When the telemarketers call try to sell them something!
5. Refer to yourself in every sentence as “The One” (In example, “The One is eating now.”)
6. (For men only) Go to the doctor and insist that you're pregnant.
7. When strangers knock on your door in order to convert you to their religions, try to convert them to “The Holy Following of the Sacred Cabbage”
8.Dress your pet hamster up in drag, when your friends ask tell them, “He's going through some things.”
9.Walk into an organic grocery store and ask the grocer to point out which tomatoes are organic and which were made on assembly lines.
10. Hold a bottle of ketchup to your neck and scream, “When condiments attack!”
DISCLAIMER: No actual tomatoes or condiments were harmed during the writing of this blog!

That's my side of it!
Angel xxoo
#wheelchair #humor #tomatoes #thingstodo #alphawolfpublishing


No comments:

Post a Comment