Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Book and Statistics

Book and Statistics

My book had to have the cover redesigned so it will be slightly longer... but not too much I don't think. I am just waiting on the publisher's go ahead to announce the name of the house. I have been helping to show promos and using my experience in commercial art classes to show my editors simple promotional items and ads some of which I will be using.

I think every kid and parent and teacher will find something useful in my book, “Snapshots From Home.” Y'know we as parents like to believe that these troubles start in high-school, but that really is a misnomer Where you aware that the number one age group for teen suicide is twelve? Did you know that the kids that usually start abusing pharmaceutical drugs are statistically age 10?

The statistics are frightening but if you really think about it it makes perfect sense. A ten-year-old mind set is more likely to decide, “Well if the doctor prescribed them to my mother they must be harmless because a doctor would never hurt her.” It will more than likely not even occur to them that mixing these substances could kill you. Sometimes it our children's very innocence that threatens to injure them. My book is very good for these kinds of things. You can easily open a discussion with your child and inform them of dangers without appearing accusatory.

I will try to get these into schools, treatment centers perhaps even the churches as after reading a contemporary story it is sometimes easier to get kids to open up. Once you establish what their thought process is it is much easier to say, “This is what our belief says, how do you feel about that?”

I think the time has come in this world to start not just talking at our kids, but to start LISTENING to our kids. Hard to do sometimes, but a necessity now more than ever.

That's my side of it,
Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment