Friday, January 3, 2014

Interview

Interview with Angel Dunworth

What do you write?
Just about everything... I adore words, puns, anything to do with language. The book I have coming out is a short story collection written for troubled teens and parents addressing issues of things they deal with today. My website is filled with links to organizations that offer help and also articles, statistics... whatever I thought might be useful.

How do you write?
I was reading an interview by another writer and in it he stated that he writes from an outline like we used to have to make in high school. People write from an outline or plan? I can't even imagine how hard that must be. The only way I've ever been able to write is for the first paragraph and first scene... words will just start popping into my head and I have to write them down. I just take it and run...with no plan anything can happen and it feels so free I get addicted until I’m done.

Isn't that harder to do?

No. not for me. It does have it's drawbacks. One time I was reading to the kids in my living room and one says, "What happened to such and such?" Oh hell I left that character stranded in the middle of the book! lol Forgot all about her. lol

Another time after my cancer surgery they put me on opiates. I had this awesome idea for the sequel for my masterpiece. Remember though I was on percaset for pain. So 2 weeks later when the Rx was over I reread... about 30 pages and it said over and over "and then it was." lol

I hadn't written the great thing I thought and neither could I remember what I was going to write! Lol

What inspires you to write?

The first inspiration I ever remember is my Pappaw when I was little reading to me and using different character voices. That used to thrill me to no end. I loved his Winnie the Pooh voices!

Now I write what's real mostly. I get inspired simply by wanting to help and putting myself in, “Wow! What are they going through and how does it effect them?”

When I really need to FEEL inspiration, I use prayer or I simply look at my loved ones and at how blessed I am. Once I do that I want every one to become as blessed as I am and so I write. I write about mindsets and obstacles. To me those things are fantasy, the reality is this, “Do not become your situation; Over come your situation.”

Not a bad mantra, any others you use a lot?

Life is not about waiting out the storm; life is about dancing in the rain!

Even at its worst: Life is good!

FEAR... F-E-A-R
False
Evidence
Appearing
Real

That's about it!

Sounds good. So where do I buy this book of yours?

Snapshots from Home will be available where you buy ebooks most likely Amazon. Release date to be disclosed soon.

The soft cover is not close to ready yet but I will blog about it when it is!



Let's have that blog info

My blog can be read from the website www.streetlighthalo.com OR

However if you write to me at streetlighthalo0711@gmail I can email them straight to you if you like. It's no trouble, it's just harder to keep track of the numbers is all.

Thanks for your time!

Thanks for listening!



No comments:

Post a Comment