Thursday, January 9, 2014

Talking backwards, Thinking Straight

Talking Backwards, Thinking Straight

Did you ever stop to think how very many old adages and sayings that exist in the English language that are actually said backwards? Well not backwards but to put not too fine a point on it, would be better served if they were said the other way around?

Firstly, let's talk about, “Seeing is believing.” While it is true the opposite would be truer. Let me explain, Let's imagine that your dream is to... sell cookies. Your recipe is a family secret but you feel you could make a living off of just that. If this is your mindset for an extended period and you want it badly enough you might go to a culinary school, find investors and at some point establish an actual working business. In this scenario it is the belief in your recipe that caused you to manifest a business in your physical world. So in this instance it would be better said as,“ Believing is seeing.”

Sometimes we say, “Ignorance is bliss.” You've all heard that right? But as I have examined my life a few too many times I have realized that it was not actually the “good times” that gave me the tools for survival. It was the “bad times” that left me equipped with the tools and lessons that were required to figure out the next problem I needed to work out in my life. Not that laughter is bad, we require comic relief to stay sane, but it is the times where we struggle that teach us how to make the next struggle easier. So in this instance a more correct thing to say would be, “Bliss is ignorance,” because good times teach me silliness but not a lot about survival.

This blog was a total blast to write. I love how much fun it was to consider the words and their meanings, so I may well post another like this later.

I have a blog planned this month about the Medicine Man also... so stay tuned because that one is highly important to me!

That's my side of it,
Angel


No comments:

Post a Comment