Friday, January 31, 2014

ZEN MOMENTS!

Hi guys I am walking on air! Okay from a wheelchair I suppose I am rolling on air! Lol I am so elated at how well the publishing meeting went today!

I cooked (with Sarah's help) BBQ chicken, fruit salad, spinach salad, homemade stuffing (not a victory lol) hor dourves, berry pie and my specialty cake. I had tried to make it look elegant and my daughter did an excellent job setting up! How would I live without her?

I was so nervous... like anxiety attack nervous. What if? What if I got humiliated? What if I looked like an idiot? What if the editor ended up hating me? What if I forgot how to act like a pro? What if I was offensive or...? What if?

That What if will kill us... worrying about things that have never happened, means chasing invisible monsters. Why borrow trouble? I made myself a nervous wreck for nothing. You know what the worst part of the day was? NOTHING!

I had the most perfect time!!!!!!!! We got a lot done. My contract is signed... not for six months or a year as most places have standard... but (drum-roll please) 2 YEARS!!!!!!!! The main editor and very talented illustrator even said... wait for it.... “OMG! She's a publicist!” I think that's the highest compliment ever.

With all the praise reaped on me today my ego should be about the size of a small continent now! LOL They really were just the loveliest ladies and the kind words they said about my book really touched my heart too! I had a total blast today! I am so happy right now... it's a Zen moment!

That's my side of it,

Angel 
www.streetlighthalo.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment